Claudia Doval is a Brazilian jiu jitsu black belt under Ricardo De La Riva, being one of the top representatives of the DLR Association in the sport’s international circuit. Doval is also one of the rare cases in BJJ of someone who did not compete extensively while climbing the ranks of this martial art, but still conquered her space as one of the top grapplers of her generation.
Claudia Doval Jiu Jitsu
Full Name: Claudia Fernanda Onofre V. Doval
Nickname: “Claudinha” an affectionate way of saying Claudia in Portuguese.
- IBJJF World Champion (2018 / 2017)
- IBJJF Pans Champion (2018)
- IBJJF European Open Champion (2018)
- CBJJ Brazilian National Champion (2017)
- IBJJF Floripa Fall Open Champion (2017)
- IBJJF Salvador Open Champion (2017)
- UAEJJF Petrópolis International Pro Champion (2016)
- IBJJF Rio Winter International Open Champion (2016**)
- IBJJF Sao Paulo Pro Champion (2016)
- NAGA Rio de Janeiro Champion (2016)
- IBJJF Pan American Championship Runner-up (2017)
- IBJJF European Open Championship 3rd Place (2017*)
- UAEJJF Abu Dhabi Grand Slam Rio de Janeiro 3rd Place (2016)
- CBJJ Brazilian National Championship 3rd Place (2017*)
- IBJJF Floripa Fall Open Championship 3rd Place (2017*)
Main Achievements (Colored Belts):
- IBJJF World Champion (2016 brown)
- IBJJF European Open Champion (2016 brown)
- IBJJF European Open Championship 3rd Place (2016* brown)
** Weight and absolute
Weight Division: Peso Pesado (79,30 kg / 175.0 lbs)
Favorite Position/Technique: Triangle Choke
Team/Association: De La Riva
Claudia Doval Biography
Claudia Doval was born on June 1st, 1988 in Resende – a municipality in the Brazilian state of Rio de Janeiro, being raised in nearby Penedo.
At the age of 18 Claudia started taking judo lessons, becoming highly engaged with that sport. With the passing of time Doval decided to add jiu jitsu to her weekly training routine as a way to improve her skills on the ground, and better her overall judo game.
Doval was 21 years old when she started jiu jitsu with the well known Ricardo De La Riva. The love for the submission game quickly took over her judo aspirations, and soon Claudia became fully focused on BJJ.
Although Claudia competed in jiu jitsu 3 times as a white belt, and once as a blue belt, her focus was not in competition, and she quickly removed herself from that element of the sport to carry out her training as a hobbyist. That changed as a brown belt, when she returned to the tournament scene (2015), immediately making her mark in the division.
After remarkable wins at the World Championship, European Open and Rio Winter Open (double gold) that year, Claudia Doval was awarded her black belt by De La Riva. The promotion taking place on December 17, 2016.
Claudia Doval Match Rio Summer Open 2016
Claudia Doval vs Juliana Teixeira 2017