Justin Rader is an accomplished Brazilian Jiu Jitsu competitor from the Gracie Humaitá camp (Oklahoma, US branch) with wins at the world championships (purple belt), world nogi championships (black belt) and Grapplers Quest Pro Division. Rader was also the very first student to earn the grade of black belt from Rafael Lovato Jr.
Justin Rader in Detail
Full Name: Justin S. Rader
- World Nogi Champion (2010, 2009 brown belt)
- Grapplers Quest Pro Champion (2011)
- American Nogi Champion (2010)
- World Champion (2007 purple)
- Grapplers Quest Advanced Nogi Champion (2007)
- Pan American Champion (2009 brown)
- World Nogi Silver Medallist (2011)
- Pan American Silver Medallist (2010 & 2008 brown)
- World Bronze Medallist (2008 brown)
- Pan American Bronze Medallist (2006 blue)
Weight Division: Peso Pena (70kg/154lbs)
Favourite Position/Technique: Chave de Pantorrilha (Calf Slicer), Guard Passing
Team/Association: Gracie Humaita
Sponsored by: Lucky Gi
Justin Rader Biography
Justin Rader was raised in Oklahoma where he began wrestling at the age of 4, he picked up on Jiu Jitsu at age 12, with Lovato as his instructor. Justin made tremendous progress as a competitor becoming one of the top American fighters with successive medals at the Mundials in the lower belts. In August of 2010 Justin became the first Lovato student to graduate as Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt.
Though Rader placed 2nd in the 2009 ADCC US trials, his performances raised a few eyebrows and he ended being called in for by the organization to compete in the finals, reaching the quarter-finals in this prestigious tournament, the same invitation was handed for the 2011 tournament.
Justin Rader vs. Gustavo Carpio
Justin Rader vs. Chris Westfall
Justin Rader vs Ryan Hall