Talita Alencar is a Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt under Theodoro Canal and Júlio César Pereira. As an athlete Talita built her career in the lower belt divisions of the sport, competing under the GF Team banner for whom she earned important titles such as the IBJJF World Championships (Gi and No-Gi) and American Nationals. Shortly after she earned her black belt (2016) Talita Alencar swapped teams, moving to the Alliance Academy hub in Los Angeles, where she joined forces with Rubens Charles “Cobrinha”.
Talita Alencar Jiu Jitsu
Full Name: Ana Talita de Oliveira Alencar
- 1st Place IBJJF World Championship (2017)
- 1st Place IBJJF World Championship NoGi (2016 / 2017)
- 1st Place IBJJF Pan Championship NoGi (2019***)
- 1st Place IBJJF European Open NoGi (2019**)
- 1st Place IBJJF Pan Championship (2017)
- 1st Place UAEJJF Grand Slam, AD (2017)
- 1st Place UAEJJF Abu Dhabi World Pro (2017)
- 2nd Place IBJJF World Championship (2018)
- 2nd Place IBJJF Pan Championship NoGi (2018)
- 2nd Place IBJJF American Nationals (2016)
- 3rd Place IBJJF American Nationals (2016*)
- 3rd Place UAEJJF Abu Dhabi World Pro(2018)
- 3rd Place IBJJF Pan Championship NoGi (2019*)
Main Achievements (Colored Belts):
- IBJJF World Championship (2016 brown)
- IBJJF World Championship NoGi (2014 purple)
- IBJJF American Nationals (2014 purple)
- IBJJF Rio Open(2013 blue)
- 2nd Place IBJJF European Open (2016** brown)
- 2nd Place IBJJF Pan Championship (2016 brown)
- 2nd Place CBJJ Brazilian Nationals (2012 blue)
- 2nd Place IBJJF Rio Open (2012 blue)
- 3rd Place IBJJF World Championship NoGi (2014 brown)
- 3rd Place IBJJF Pan Championship (2016* brown)
** Weight and absolute
*** Closed division with teammate
Favorite Position/Technique: Good Overall Game
Weight Division: Peso Pluma (53.5kg/118lbs)
Talita Alencar Biography
Talita Alencar was born on October 17, 1990, in Carutapera, a city in the countryside of Maranhão – Brazil. Always a sports orientated child, Talita started swimming lessons at the age of 4, later going through triathlon (which she practiced for 7 years), surfing, longboarding (skate) and even capoeira.
At 9 years old Talita moved to Fortaleza in the state of Ceará. During her early teenage years, Alencar started dating Hélio Mourão, of Gracie Barra Fortaleza. In a time when she was losing the drive to compete in triathlon, Alencar became interested in her boyfriend’s activity. Talita witnessed marital abuse on many occasions within her family, actions that helped shape her decision of adding grappling classes to her training schedule, starting in 2004 at Pirillo Roriz’ academy.
When her relationship with Hélio ended, Talita carried on training at Academia Blec of instructor Bruno Leandro. It was Bruno who promoted Talita Alencar to blue belt, just before Alencar moved to Rio de Janeiro.
In Rio de Janeiro, Talita Alencar carried on her mat life at Theodoro Canal‘s academy – GF Team Recreio. One of the best gyms in the country, where she earned her purple belt after 4 hard-fought years.
Canal supervised most of Talita’s training, being one of the driving forces behind her continuous success leading up to black belt. A belt tied around Alencar’s waist for the first time by Júlio César Pereira at the podium of the 2016 IBJJF World Championship, with the consent of Canal (who could not be present).
Though extremely loyal to GF Team, Talita Alencar dreamt of moving to California and living in the United States as a jiu-jitsu athlete. This ambition was not compatible with her academy, given that GFT lacked a strong headquarters in the Golden State. For that reason, after a good talk with her coach Theodoro Canal, Talita agreed to a proposal made by the Alliance Academy to join their headquarters in Los Angeles, also known as Cobrinha Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu & Fitness – on August 2016.
Cover photo by William Burkhardt of BJJ Pix.
Talita Alencar x Larissa Paes
Talita Alencar vs Manuela Pinto