Having broken out as one of the top grapplers of the Gracie family in 2010, Clark Gracie quickly established himself as a title contender in Jiu Jitsu‘s middleweight division. Clark Gracie is a black belt under his father Carley Gracie being also the grandson to Gracie Jiu Jitsu founder Carlos Gracie. Clark Gracie is often recognized by his exciting and offensive guard game, a style that has awarded him important titles such as the one of Pan American champion in 2013.
Clark Gracie Jiu Jitsu
Full Name: Clark Rouson Gracie
- Pan American Champion (2013)
- Samurai Jiu-Jitsu Pro Cup Champion (2011)
- World No-Gi Jiu-Jitsu Champion (2009)
- New York Open Champion (2010)
- 3x American National Champion (2010, 2006, 2005)
- US National No-Gi Champion (2009)
- San Diego Open Champion (2005)
- 1st Place World Professional Jiu-Jitsu Cup Trials (2010)
- 1st Place Grapplers Quest (2009)
- World No-Gi Silver Medallist (2007 brown)
- Pan American Silver Medallist (2010 brown)
- World Championship Bronze Medallist (2011)
- 2x Pan American Bronze Medallist (2011, 2006 purple)
Favourite Position/Technique: Open Guard, Omoplata & Crucifix
Weight Division: Peso Medio/Meio Pesado (Middle/Medium Heavy)
Team/Association: Carley Gracie Team
- Clinch Gear
- Sector 9
- Core Coach Center
- The Beachwood
- Dr. Peter Goldman Chiropractic
Clark Gracie Biography
Clark Gracie was born on the 17th of July, 1984 in Solano County, California – United States of America, but grew up in between San Francisco and Rio de Janeiro, possessing double nationality (American and Brazilian). He is the grandson of Carlos Gracie (senior) and son of Carley Gracie.
From a very young age, Clark Gracie was inspired by his father and family members to train and compete in Jiu Jitsu, the family tradition, and so he did. Always seeking for the best training possible to improve his game, Clark moved to San Diego and he sought out Rodrigo Medeiros, from the Carlson Gracie Revolution Team where he found some of the toughest training partners in the region which helped him raise his game. Clark Gracie soon became a big name in America’s Grappling circuit winning several important tournaments at a national and international level.
After a sequence of great results by Clark Gracie, he was awarded his well deserved black belt in May 2010 from the hands of his father Carley Gracie in a ceremony at the BJJ Revolution Team academy. Clark Gracie also has his own school franchise with academies in the northern area of San Diego – La Jolla (matrix), Tijuana, Kalamazoo MI, South France, and Chicago.
Clark Gracie Fight Videos
Clark Gracie @ US Nationals final 2010
Clark Gracie vs Douglas Santos (2010)