Larissa Campos Carvalho, commonly known as Lari Campos is a Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt under Thiago de Guimarães, being also a strong representative of the Gracie Reunion academy in the international BJJ circuit – a team located in the remote Reunion Island, off the coast of Africa. Lari Campos became one of the most recognizable faces in the female light-featherweight category while competing in the lower belt divisions of this sport/martial art after she conquered two (2) International Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Federation (IBJJF) world titles.
Larissa Campos Jiu-Jitsu
Full Name: Larissa Campos Carvalho
Nickname: “Lari” which is short for Larissa.
- 2nd Place IBJJF European Open (2019 / 2020)
- 3rd Place IBJJF European Open (2020*)
- 3rd Place IBJJF Pan American Championship (2019)
Main Achievements (Colored Belts):
- 1st Place IBJJF World Championship (2017 purple, 2018 brown)
- 1st Place IBJJF European Open (2015/2016 blue)
- 1st Place IBJJF British Nationals (2016** blue, 2017** purple)
- 1st Place IBJJF British Nationals No-Gi (2016** blue, 2017** purple)
- 1st Place IBJJF Spanish National No-Gi (2017 purple)
- 1st Place IBJJF Rome Open (2017 purple)
- 1st Place IBJJF London Winter Open Champion (2018 brown)
- 1st Place IBJJF London Fall Open (2018** brown)
- 1st Place IBJJF London Fall No-Gi Open (2018** brown)
- 2nd Place IBJJF Pan American Championship (2017 purple, 2018 brown)
- 2nd Place IBJJF European Open 2nd Place (2017 purple, 2018 brown)
- 2nd Place IBJJF Rome Open (2017* purple)
- 3rd Place IBJJF World Championship (2021)
- 3rd Place IBJJF Spanish Nationals (2017 purple)
** Weight and Absolute
Favorite Position/Technique: Triangle + Hip-bump Sweep
Weight Division: Peso Pluma (53,50 kg/118.0 lbs)
Team/Association: Gracie Humaitá / Gracie Reunion
Larissa Campos Biography
Larissa Campos was born on October 24, 1994, in Araraquara, a city located inside the Brazilian state of São Paulo, where she grew up.
Larissa met and befriended Thiago de Guimarães on May 2013. Thiago was a jiu-jitsu black belt who had, back in 2000, introduced jiu-jitsu to the famous Réunion Island, a French department in the Indian Ocean, off the coast of Africa.
Campos and Guimarães got along very well from the get-go and by August, that same year, Larissa decided to move to “Réunion” and live with her, soon-to-be, husband. After 1 month on the island, Larissa began learning jiu-jitsu herself. Even though Campos didn’t have experience with other sports, she quickly fell in love with BJJ and started practicing diligently.
Larissa’s hard work on the mats brought her great competitive success as well as the trust of her coach and partner, who would later give Campos the chance to run her own class coaching women and children. A schedule she started as a blue belt.
On December 2018, after a stellar career in the colored belt divisions of BJJ where Lari earned numerous international titles, Campos earned her black belt from Thiago de Guimarães. A path from white to black belt that took a mere 5 years and 3 months.