Gabrielle Lima, commonly known as Gabi McComb is a Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt under Letícia Ribeiro and Fabrício Camões, being also one of the main representatives of the famous Gracie Humaitá female team. McComb made waves in the sport’s lower belt ranks by winning some of the top tournaments in jiu-jitsu, including wins at the IBJJF World Championship, World No-Gi, Pans, South American and the CBJJ Brazilian Nationals.
Gabi McComb Jiu-Jitsu
Full Name: Gabrielle McComb Lima
- 1st IBJJF Pans Championship (2019)
- 1st IBJJF Pans Championship No-Gi (2018)
- 3rd IBJJF World Championship No-Gi (2019**)
- 3rd IBJJF World Championship (2019)
Main Achievements (Colored Belts):
- 1st Place IBJJF World Championship (2016** purple, 2014* blue)
- 1st Place IBJJF World ChampionshipNo-Gi (2017 brown)
- 1st Place IBJJF Juvenile World Championship (2013)
- 1st Place IBJJF Pans Championship (2018**/2017** brown, 2016* purple, 2015 blue)
- 1st Place IBJJF South American Championship (2015** purple)
- 1st Place CBJJ Brazilian Nationals (2015** purple)
- 1st Place CBJJ Juvenile Brazilian Nationals (2014**)
- 1st Place UAEJJF Abu Dhabi Pro (2016 purple)
- 1st Place IBJJF American Nationals (2016** purple)
- 1st Place UAEJJF Grand Slam LA (2016 purple)
- 2nd Place IBJJF World Championship (2014 blue)
- 2nd Place IBJJF Pans Championship (2016 purple, 2015* blue)
- 2nd Place CBJJ Juvenile Brazilian Nationals (2013**)
- 2nd Place UAEJJF Grand Slam LA (2017)
- 2nd Place EBI Flyweight Tournament (2017)
- 3rd Place IBJJF Juvenile World Championship (2013*)
** Weight and absolute
Weight Division: Peso Leve (64,00 kg / 141.5 lbs)
Favorite Position/Technique: Good Overall Game
Team/Association: Gracie Humaitá
Gabi McComb Biography
Gabrielle McComb Lima was born on October 03, 1997 in Manaus, capital city of Amazonas State on the banks of the Negro River in northwestern Brazil.
The first McComb family member to train jiu jitsu was Gabi’s older sister Andrea (who later opened her own BJJ academy). Andrea was training at the time with coach Alberto Valle at a social project led by the local police department, a group called Acadepol. One day Gabi tagged along with her sister and was almost immediately fascinated with jiu jitsu. Soon after this first contact with the sport, at the age of 8, Gabrielle joined the classroom.
Although Gabi did not seek a competitive platform at first, when she did McComb became fully focused on the local tournament scene, competing and training as often as she could. It was also through jiu jitsu’s tournament circuit that Gabi met Paulo Gabriel, She was 15 years old at the time. Paulo who became her partner for the years ahead.
As a juvenile blue belt Gabrielle’s career started taking off, it was also around then that she started training more often with her sister Andrea McComb – who promoted Gabi to purple belt.
In 2016 after very positive results competing as a purple belt, Gabi McComb met with Leticia Ribeiro and discussed the possibility of moving to the US. Ribeiro and her husband Fabrício Morango received McComb and her boyfriend Paulo Gabriel with open arms, starting a long lasting relationship with the Gracie Humaitá South Bay academy.
On June 2018, after strong performances competing in the brown belt circuit, Gabi McComb and Paulo Gabriel were promoted to black belt by coaches Letícia Ribeiro and Fabrício “Morango” Camões.
Gabrielle McComb vs Renata Marinho 2016
Gabrielle McComb Match @World Championship 2015